Re: Release schedule

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Release schedule
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 14:38:32 -0800

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 15:27:00 -0700
Adam Fedor <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Friday, April 4, 2003, at 12:05 PM, Chris B. Vetter wrote:
> > Here's just one example what will happen, when STRICT_OPENSTEP is
> > defined:
[...]
> > And I _did_ report that before.
> It looks like you are compiling gnustep-gui with STRICT_OPENSTEP
> defined, which of course does not work and was never meant to work.

It was never meant to work, but ...

> The STRICT_OPENSTEP and NO_GNUSTEP defines are for compiling Tools and
> Applications that you want to be sure are compatible and will work on
> both OPENSTEP and GNUstep systems.

... it's there to make sure it's compatible?
Uhm, isn't that a contradiction?

In that particular case, I wasn't even using anything in NSApplication,
it just got included via <AppKit/AppKit.h>

Apart from that, you will get a hole slew of missing interfaces, syntax
errors, eg. in NSWindow.h.

So how is it supposed to make sure it's compatible, if some parts
"inside" depend on parts, that are defined "outside" the scope?

What am I missing?

--
Chris