Re: GNUstep improvements bounty

From: Riccardo
Subject: Re: GNUstep improvements bounty
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:27:18 +0200

Hello,

On Friday, June 17, 2005, at 05:44 AM, Sheldon Gill wrote:

Also, as the GNUstep funds and administration are very limited, I'd suggest it best that bounty tasks be small, contained and very well defined. They should be work on the -core libraries which provide benefit to large numbers of users.

I agree on this point, but I would broaden the perspective: applications are important too. Thus a good and integrated HelpViewer could be a nice thing. A good editor. A documentation browser. And many other tools and apps we discussed so often.

I stress my point that it is only for the time being that I would stress the importance of completing and stabilizing -core before adding more meat to the fire. You port your mega-app to gnustep thanks to coredata and coreimage and then discover it is unreliable in operation because of some bug deep in -core ? wouldn't you be frustrated?

-R