Re: NSAnimation...

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSAnimation...
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 02:02:03 +0200

Gregory John Casamento wrote:
> With a clean checkout and a clean install, I still get this:
>
>   Compiling file set_show_service.m ...
>  Linking tool set_show_service ...
> ../Source/./obj/libgnustep-gui.so: undefined reference to
> `nsanimation_progressMarkSorter'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I had a look at the code and perhaps it helps to remove the "static
INLINE" declaration for this function. Marking it as inline does surely
not help, when it is only used as a function pointer. And as far as I
remember there where problems with functions declared as static, when
uses via function pointers on Windows. But this was years ago and is
surely not relevant for your case.
This is more a gcc problem, it should complain about the modifiers at
compile time and not at link time. Interestingly I am also using Suse
Linux, but have a gcc version 4.1.2 and there this problem does not show up.