Re: Moving to GPLv3

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Moving to GPLv3
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:39:22 -0600

On Jul 11, 2007, at 5:05 PM, Gregory John Casamento wrote:

My suggestion would be to put everything in gui and back into LPGL even
tools and bundles. This will make the reuse of code a lot easier.

I would like to see what the other maintainers say with respect to doing this before making any final decisions to universally move everything to LGPL.

I could see doing this just to simplify things. Although it doesn't make a lot of sense to put a tool under the LGPL, as you can't really 'link' to it. Bundles and resources should be LGPL though.