Re: Next release

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Next release
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 09:10:41 -0700

On Mar 5, 2008, at 9:51 AM, Hubert Chathi wrote:

Well, ffcall, as you know, doesn't work properly on SELinux, PAX, etc.
I had a report of libffi not working on x86_64 (see one of my previous
messages), and I don't have proper access to an x86_64 box to debug. So
it seems like neither solution will work in general for all users.

It would be nice to be able to standardize on one, but unfortunately, you still have to figure out which ones work on each machine. libffi seems to be more actively expanding the architectures it runs on. Although it appears that recently ffcall has been split off from clisp and may be more actively maintained - it now has a page at savannah and has been renamed libffcall. There's also a bug report regarding SELinux, etc there, so perhaps it could be fixed.