Re: XML GNUstep defaults (was: [flame] NEWS file is useless)

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: XML GNUstep defaults (was: [flame] NEWS file is useless)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:26:06 +0000

On 27 Nov 2009, at 08:39, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

The question is, do we want to write illegal XML in property lists? At the moment the code can write legal XML or illegal (OSX compatible) XML depending on the OSX compatibility defaults setting. If we assume that 'XML' property lists will never actually be processed by real XML parsers, we don't need the additional encoding.

I think the best bet would be to be compatible with other property list parsers. How does the NetBSD XML property list parser cope with illegal characters? Does WindowMaker support XML plists and, if so, can it handle them?

David

-- Sent from my PDP-11