Re: What happened to the code freeze?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: What happened to the code freeze?
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:07:58 +0200

Am 21.04.2010 09:50, schrieb Nicola Pero:
> As far as I understand, you're in charge of GUI, so maybe you (and/or
> Gregory) could propose
> how you want to manage that ?  Maybe patches for GUI must be approved by
> you before being
> committed during the feature freeze ?

I'd rather rely on people being careful in what they commit. This used
to work in previous years. This time it is different perhaps because we
let the release drag on for too long?

> As an outsider, it does seem that GUI needs a few weeks of feature
> freeze and bug fixing, so I wouldn't
> give up on that just because it needs to be organized somehow ;-)

Could you please give an explanation of this impression? Was this a
general statement that before any gui release we should have such a
period or was this based on any specific know limitation of gui?
With regards to gui I still don't see you as an outsider, you were the
one that committed my first patches to gui and commented on them. In my
thinking you still know a lot more about gui than I do.