Re: Moving CoreBase into Base

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Moving CoreBase into Base
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 21:53:23 +0200

Le 19 sept. 2010 à 03:13, Gregory Casamento a écrit :

What does getting the CF stuff by default really hurt?  If someone
doesn't want it then just don't use it.  Making it optional just
complicates things a little.

On the other hand, I guess it just adds more weight to the library if
you know you're not going to use it in the first place.

For now, I just added the standard C headers of CoreFoundation.h to preface.h.in.

This makes the compilation a bit slower:

Base with new preface.h
real    0m48.585s
user    0m42.819s
sys     0m5.292s

Base with old preface.h
real    0m45.288s
user    0m39.858s
sys     0m4.944s

Gui with new preface.h
real    0m58.710s
user    0m51.835s
sys     0m6.368s

Gui with old preface.h
real    0m54.698s
user    0m48.687s
sys     0m5.776s

To keep the compilation time as it is, we can pass - DCF_EXCLUDE_CSTD_HEADERS in Base, Gui and Back and continue to include the C headers as we currently do it. We just need to include string.h in few more places if we do that.

For Gui, HUGE macro is 3.40282347e+38F in math.h and 1e7 in NSTextView.m. Since math.h is automatically included we now get a warning. Can we use the value from math.h or not? There is a comment stating the value should be changed carefully.

Cheers,
Quentin.