Re: NSXML* classes changed to use libxml2 directly... Should we merge th

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: NSXML* classes changed to use libxml2 directly... Should we merge this into the trunk?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 09:07:09 +0100

Hi,
On 01/23/2012 06:17 PM, Gregory Casamento wrote:
For this reason it was decided to change the implementation to use
libxml2.  Currently the branch I created to develop these changes
(nsxml_libxml2_changes) is much more mature and functional than the
code that is currently on the trunk.

I am soliciting the opinion of the group regarding adding this code
into the trunk once it is ready so that people don't look at the
already obsolete code on the trunk and begin making changes that are
not relavant to the current direction it is going.

Please let me know what all of you think.
I think it is a fine idea to have a more complete implementation.

I think it is good to do that after the base release of the code freeze (after FOSDEM esentially).

My other thought is that libxml2 should not become a hard dependency, so everything should compile, of course without having the more complete XML functionality. That's useful for a lean base and requires perhaps some make tricks, configure already detects libxml2.

Riccardo