Re: NSXML* classes changed to use libxml2 directly... Should we merge th

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: NSXML* classes changed to use libxml2 directly... Should we merge this into the trunk?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 07:04:24 -0500

Riccardo,

Well, without libxml2 none of the NSXML* classes or GSXML classes will
work.  I believe that nib reading will also cease to function, we
won't be able to read XML based plists either.   I believe it already
is a hard dependency at this point.   I'll need to check by removing
it from my system when I have the chance to do that.

In any case, I see no problem with it being a hard dependency or with
putting it in prior to FOSDEM given that the existing classes have
never worked.

GC