Re: Couple of problems with current SVN

From: A. Arias
Subject: Re: Couple of problems with current SVN
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 13:34:33 -0600

El sáb, 02-06-2012 a las 07:52 +0100, Richard Frith-Macdonald escribió:
> On 2 Jun 2012, at 07:27, Fred Kiefer wrote:
>
> > The question here is which format you souce files are in. If you aren't
> > using UTF8 here, you have to restrict youself to ASCII in you string
> > literals. I think there was a change in this area about a year ago, but we
> > discussed it a lot before Richard made the change.
>
> Yes, basically, the rule always used to be that you could *only* use ascii
> and that anything else was an error.
> Now you should generally be able to use utf8 or ascii (though it does depend
> a bit on your compiler whether utf-8 is ok).
> Certainly using any non-ascii, non-utf8 character in a string literal is a
> very bad idea.

Well, I don't know how aspell was compiled, since I'm using the package
of the distribution. I will try to see how aspell return the words.
However, I can use aspell in shell without problems. But looking  the
Base configuration, I found this:

checking whether compiler supports UTF-8 constants in
executable... ./configure: line 5166: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot
change locale (en_US.ISO-8859-1): No such file or directory
yes

Could be this the problem? My locale say:

address@hidden:~$ locale
LANG=es_GT.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=es_GT:es
LC_CTYPE="es_GT.UTF-8"