Re: Install location for libobjc2

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Install location for libobjc2
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 15:04:56 +0000

On 2 Nov 2012, at 14:54, Tom Davie wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm slightly confused just right now.  It's been a while since I installed
> libobjc2, and I'm having trouble installing the svn trunk version.
>
> It appears that libojbc2 is being installed into /usr/local/lib, rather than
> /usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries as I'd expect.  This is causing
> configuring GNUstep-base to die saying my obj-c compiler does not work (as it
> can't find the runtime).
>
> The only way I can see this happening is if Makefile is being used rather
> than GNUmakefile.  In what circumstances will this happen?  How would I go
> about restoring correct behaviour?

Using code from svn then all you shuld need to do is:

1. install gnustep-make ... so you have a gnustep environment to install
libobjc2 into.
2. build/install libobjc2 using gnu-make ... which should use the GNUmakefile
(perhaps you are an a system which uses another 'make' and call gnu-make
'gmake')

The GNUmakefile should install things into the right place.