Re: Problem with Cenon

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Problem with Cenon
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:59:08 +0100

On 24.01.2013 07:11, Germán A. Arias wrote:
Currently Cenon 3.9.6 crash at launch with GNUstep from SVN. Here the
backtrace:

0x00a84294 in objc_msg_lookup ()
from /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libobjc.so.3
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x00a84294 in objc_msg_lookup ()
from /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libobjc.so.3
#1  0x0021f9a3 in -[NSBox(Private) calcSizesAllowingNegative:] (
     self=0xbfffd190, _cmd=0x8a14a84, aFlag=184 '�') at NSBox.m:789
#2  0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

Last time I test it, worked perfectly. So maybe this is a bug on
GNUstep.

In GNUstep from SVN the line in NSBox this is pointing to gets the size from the theme. The segmentation fault there could happen if theme is nil on that line, that means that something else is horribly broken. Would you mind to switch to the GNUstep default theme and try with that?

I had some problems compiling Cenon on a current GNUstep version. The code there still uses sel_eq() where GNUstep has switched to sel_isEqual() and it is not prepared for the switch to 64bit. For this reason I cannot check this problem myself.

I added the Cenon support mail address to this reply. Maybe Georg Fleischmann is able to fix these issues and then I will have a chance to look into the GNUstep problem.