Re: GNUstep don't load images of current theme.

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUstep don't load images of current theme.
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 23:56:10 +0200

Hi,

Eric Wasylishen wrote:

Hey Riccardo,
Quentin reworked gui's code for handling theme images during the hackathon, to make the process for creating new themes saner. (we fixed the problem where themes had to provide each image under several names, e.g. common_SwitchOff and and NSSwitchOff) This may have broken existing themes, though. Iirc we didn't yet properly announce the changes on the mailing list because there were a few other things we wanted to clean up (e.g. adding support for specifying colors in HTML notation).

Oh, so that changes once again.. once that it worked...
I don't know what you mean exactly "proviing each image under several names". I provided each image just once and it worked. I provide it under the original name. That is, I provide only common_SwitchOff and common_SwitchOn.
The names are given by Thematic, btw.

Now I think I already complained that the "common_" prefix in a theme-provided image doesn't make much sense, but before t didn't work and then it "got fixed".

I helped a bit too so I can probably take a look at neos and see what needs to be updated.

You may look at both the Neos and Sleek themes which are created through thematic.
It appears that most if not all images do not load anymore.

Riccardo