Re: Cutting a gnustep-gui release

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Cutting a gnustep-gui release
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 16:16:45 +0000

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Eric Heintzmann <address@hidden> wrote:
Debian Stretch will be fully frozen on 2017-02-05.
A special release before this date, with all you want to see in the next
debian stable distro, would be a good idea.

(The current status of Stretch is "transition freeze", it means that all
ABI/API breakage will be refused by the official Debian  release team)

Unless I missed something significant, the API/ABI should be backwards compatible. (I'd go through the list of changes before the release.)

Any easy way to test whether Debian will consider API/ABI breakage has happened, which we could then add to the release docs?