Re: CI server on GitHub repos

From: Daniel Ferreira (theiostream)
Subject: Re: CI server on GitHub repos
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 11:42:46 -0300

> [...] I'd say testing /something/ on Travis is better than testing nothing on
> Travis, while Jenkins would be the long term solution.

True. I'll see if I can come up quickly with a CI setup for gcc 3.4.5,
as Riccardo suggested -- we really don't need to go any older than
that, right?

I'll try this out with base for now, and it'll look something like:
1) GNU/Linux + gcc 3.4.5
2) GNU/Linux + gcc 6.x
3) GNU/Linux + clang 4.0

With Docker it should be easy to set up a cross-compilation setup for
MinGW as well later.

I appreciate the setup ease of Travis plus its seamless integration
with GitHub (don't know about GitLab), so in the long term I'd favor
keeping whatever Travis supports in Travis and use a Jenkins setup for
the hosts Travis doesn't support (FreeBSD and Solaris are the two I
can think of, but there may be more).

-- Daniel.