gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] What is our current bug state?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] What is our current bug state?
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 12:05:08 -0500

Amazingly enough, release-3.11-341-g6f16b7f passes tests on
  netbsd-5 amd64
  netbsd-6 i386
  OSX-10.9 amd64

> What other problems are still pending?

There's still the problem of thrashing on master with the threat of
premature releases :-)   But it seems that the strategy of relying on
what POSIX guarantees is working.

With respect to CLOCAL, that's a bit funny but is wrapped up in much tty
history.  NetBSD provides dty versions of terminals that don't block on
CD (for outgoing use, or really use with other than an incoming modem).
But I suspect that setting CLOCAL will not cause trouble.  And I realize
other systems expect users to do something else.  (I remember using
systems with dialup modems also used for outgoing uucp, in the late 70s,
and this dual-device scheme with interlocking was necessary to have a
getty on a modem paused while uucp was using the line.)