gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] What is our current bug state?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] What is our current bug state?
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 15:13:37 -0800

Yo Hal!

On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 14:12:21 -0800
Hal Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

> The symptom is that ntpd is seeing 20 ms of fuzz on a JSON connection
> that should be using PPS.

As soon as I can see ntpd use GPSD_JSON I'll work on it directly.  I've
never seen it work at all.

Another of my complaints about the new GPSD_JSON driver is it will
flip-flop from GPS serial time to PPS time and back with no warning.

Note this in refclock_gpsdjson.c:

        /* now aggregate TPV and PPS -- no PPS? just use TPV...*/

That will lead to mysterious problems like 20mSec jumps.

And note that code never reports the big decision it just made.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588