gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] SiRF gpsmon client mode

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] SiRF gpsmon client mode
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 19:33:33 -0800

Yo Eric!

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 22:16:43 -0500
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> > The bottom window shows PPS coming, but nothing next to 'PPS
> > Offset".
>
> Look in the filr momitor_sirf.c after line 590.  That's where it's
> updated.  The logic should be parallel to the working uBlox version

I think a fix is pushed.

> > The PPS Offset is 13 to 20 chars wide, so that field is too narrow.
> >
> > Plus the garbage on the top right side.
> >
> > Any ideas how to fix the formatting?
>
> I might be able to widen the field, if that's what you are asking.

Yeah, I made it wider, but not wide enough for bad cases.  Also not
sure why PPS is in the packet 7 box?  Clearly it is not in a packet.

Plus still the garbage on the right.

Pull git head and check it out.  I think the PPS in gpsmon now
looking almost good.  Still need to fix that ntpshm_latch() is
called more than once a second in gpsmon hardware mode.  Probably
put a mutext on last_fixtime, just in case.

Then test the garmin PPS and we may be good.

When this ships it looks like the ntpd folks know what they want for
the new serial time stamp JSON message.  As their GPSD_JSON driver
stands without it their time is pretty sloppy, as in hundreds
of milliSec jitter, etc..

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588