gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Lots of warnings

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Lots of warnings
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 19:50:14 -0700

Yo Frank!

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 22:40:02 -0400
Frank Nicholas <address@hidden> wrote:

> > On Aug 11, 2016, at 9:13 PM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Yo Greg!
> >
> > On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 20:30:34 -0400
> > Greg Troxel <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> I would recommend casting to int64_t and using PRId64.
> >
> > I'll play with it, but until we can insist on POSIX 2008 I'm
> > reluctant.
> >
> > For example, it is not present in macports, which I use to compile
> > gpsd on OS X.
>
> I can’t check this for a day or so, but have you tried Apple’s
> official developer tools?  They are free as a part of Xcode, and
> that’s what I’ve always successfully used for any open source
> projects.

Yes, inttypes.h is in Xcode.  Sadly, my xcode is broken right now and
I'm pulling my hair out about it...

xcode-select -p         # says xcode is insalled fine
xcode-select --install  # says my xcode is broken
xcode-select -r         # says it reset my xcode to default
xcode-select -p         # says xcode is insalled fine
xcode-select --install  # says my xcode is broken

Around and around in circles....

I much prefer the familiarity, standards compliance and stability of
MacPorts.  I want my command line to work the same on Linux, OS X and
Windows.

But until 'xcode-select --install' works for me MacPorts barfs...

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588