gpsd-dev

Re: ✘ Release blockers?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘ Release blockers?
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 18:00:40 -0800

Yo Fred!

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 17:33:44 -0800 (PST)
Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Which build failure do you exactly mean?
> -lQtCore Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
>    "_timespec_str", referenced from:
>        _libgps_dump_state in qt-libgps_core.os
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)

Odd.

> It looks like this only happens with clang and not with gcc, which is
> why it doesn't affect all platforms.

We do test on clang.  I test on osX which uses clang.  But I see I do not
have Qt enabled.  Not sure how to do that on a mac.

> It also only happens with
> qt=yes, but qt=no is forced if pkg-config can't find QtNetwork,
> explaining non-failures in certain cases.

The only Qt thing gpsd builds is a simple test case.  No known clients.

> The fix is just to add timespec_str.c to the list of sources that get
> compiled as C rather than C++ in the C++ build, but I need to fully
> test that,

We used to do something similar, it broke other things.

Please do some tests, time is running out before the next release.

> as well as looking into a different failure that only
> shows up on OpenBSD.

Don't keep us in suspense.

> I'm also seeing a new regression test failure with garmin18x-bin.log
> on the PowerBook, which I'll look at after the other issues.  This
> might be an endian bug.

Could be.  AFAIK, only some Power CPUs have big-endian modes.  They
should die...

If you could do this, and send the results that would help a lot:

  # ./regress-driver test/daemon/garmin18x-bin.log

The driver did not change, but the regression test is new.  So likely a
very old bug.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588