gpsd-dev

Re: ✘ Release blockers?

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: Re: ✘ Release blockers?
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 11:20:36 +0100

On 2019-12-18 10:02, Fred Wright wrote:
We do test on clang. I test on osX which uses clang. But I see I do not
have Qt enabled.  Not sure how to do that on a mac.

If you have MacPorts installed, just install the qt4-mac port.  At one
time I also had builds with Qt5 working on the Mac, but something
changed that broke it since then, so for now it's Qt4-only.

qt4 is deprecated and should be gone for good for a long time.
Nothing serious should use it anymore.

It also only happens with
qt=yes, but qt=no is forced if pkg-config can't find QtNetwork,
explaining non-failures in certain cases.

The only Qt thing gpsd builds is a simple test case. No known clients.

Yeah, I know, but at least the simple test should build and run.

It does everywhere else, can you please show at least a log of the failure?

The fix is just to add timespec_str.c to the list of sources that get
compiled as C rather than C++ in the C++ build, but I need to fully
test that,

We used to do something similar, it broke other things.

It's worked in all the cases I've tried, and it just mimics what was
already being done for several other modules.

Please do some tests, time is running out before the next release.

I've pushed several commits to fix a number of problems.

Looking at your commits, I'm wondering about

commit c1ddef44be2e7636b9ff2b55e51f78e37bae411f