gpsd-dev

Re: master fails to build/check

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: master fails to build/check
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 13:53:21 -0800

Yo Greg!

On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 12:09:46 -0500
Greg Troxel <address@hidden> wrote:

> I see the following from scons check.  I don't remember exactly when I
> last did this, but it was likely within the week.

It was a lot worse earlier this month.  A bunch of stuff used to be
built twice: once for "scons", and again for "scons install".

Scons, just like makefile, can get misled on dependencies and rebiuld too
much.  Patches welcome.

> (As an aside, it seems irregular for this sort of compile stuff to be
> happening at check time vs build time, but perhaps this is check-only
> code.)

The test compiles have long been a part of "scons check".  Rebuilding
zerk, for the third time (scons, scons install, and scons check) is new.

> I am unclear on if async def is a python3-ism, but guessing so.

Yes, more specifically 3.5+

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588