gpsd-dev

Re: master fails to build/check

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: master fails to build/check
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 13:54:35 -0800

Yo Ladislav!

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 17:01:54 +0100
Ladislav Michl <address@hidden> wrote:

> > - if SConstruct is using sysroot as all other packages, passing
> > --sysroot to toolchain is just wrong.
>  - sysroot is indeed toolchain --sysroot=

Good.  We agree that sysroot is sysroot, as defined by GNU gcc and ld.

> and all libraries gpsd
> depends on are discoverable using pkg-config.

Not even close.  Forget you ever thought that.

> Then most people do not
> need to use sysroot at all,

Good thing most people do not use it then.

> but then we need something like this:

Lost me.  Instead of trying to fix what you admit you do not understand,
can you explain what it is that you need?

I'm gonna guess that you do not want the host systemd tickled when you
cross compile?  Or??

> and then this code is still questionable:

Oh, good thing you say that, just what I was thinkgin too.

> # Honor the specified installation prefix in link paths.
> if env["sysroot"]:
>     env.Prepend(LIBPATH=[env["sysroot"] + installdir('libdir',
>                 add_destdir=False)])

Lost me.  Is that a patch?  Current code?  What?

> Knowing what sysroot is will help fixing python modules cross-build.

Easy.  sysroot is the thing passed to gcc and ld as the value of --sysroot=

The place the cross-dev stuff is.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588