gpsd-dev

Re: RINEX files not accepted by NRCan

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: RINEX files not accepted by NRCan
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 12:13:49 -0700

Yo John!

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 14:49:41 -0400
John Ackermann N8UR <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Gary --
>
> More on this as I learn more, but NRCan is rejecting *both* M8P
> (single freq) and F9P (dual freq) RINEX files.  So it's not the F9P
> that's the problem.

Yup.  Sorry if you misunderstood that.  It is ALL 9-series.

> I sent both files to a contact at NRCan and he played with them a bit,
> and reported back that as far as he could tell, it looks like the data
> itself is wrong.

Yup.  The epoch is wrong.

> I'm going to try to record a log file and then feed those into
> gpsrinex, teqc, and rtklib and get RINEX files from all three.  Maybe
> comparing them will explain things.

Let us know what you find.  We already know that every PPP service rejects
some valid RINEX files.  We know that some PPP services, like NRCan, are
happy with the gpsdrinex files from 8-series, and from other vendors
L1/L2.

So, beyond the known bad epoch, any other problem would have to be in the
drive_ubx.c decode of the new L2 signals.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588