italic corrections on synthesized slanted lowercase Greek letters on the

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: italic corrections on synthesized slanted lowercase Greek letters on the pdf device (was: Using -Tpdf rather than -Tps and then ps2pdf)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 18:33:16 -0500

At 2023-06-13T17:15:56-0500, G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> I don't think we're _quite_ there, though; we need to contrive italic
> corrections too, which seems like it would be harder without a real
> font,[1] since they vary by glyph.  See the attachments.
[...]
> [1] Well, maybe not.  We can hand roll 24 italic corrections and pass
>     them as second arguments to this `pdf:SS` macro.  It can
>     interpolate them as \h'' horizontal motions after interpolating
>     `\$1`.  Might be a good idea to express the corrections in ems so
>     they'll scale on their own.

I undertook to do this.  Lacking experience as a real typographer, I did
things by eyeballing them with sample inputs that seemed likely
provocative of glyph collisions in mathematical typesetting, and by
limiting myself to adjustments in increments of 1/12th em.

Here is the result.  Really trying to not forget the attachments this
time.