Re: Using -Tpdf rather than -Tps and then ps2pdf

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: Using -Tpdf rather than -Tps and then ps2pdf
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 19:59:56 -0500

At 2023-06-13T02:48:47+0200, Tadziu Hoffmann wrote:

> > I tried two different methods of getting it to adjust the
> > font height, and neither worked at all.
>
> For me, the following works:
>
>   .fzoom S 890
>   .EQ
>   i iota
>   .EN

Huh.  For me this works with ps but not pdf; in the latter, the iota is
still too tall.

> Unfortunately, this also scales the uppercase Greek letters and
> other mathematical symbols, which we don't want.  In grops, we
> can scale Symbol-Slanted (SS) for the lowercase Greek letters
> independently of Symbol (S) for the uppercase Greek letters.

Right.  I think the likeliest site to fix PDF output is the `pdf:SS`
macro in pdf.tmac.

I also seem to have a problem in that font zooming only takes effect
after a break, so one can't "inline" it.  Do you experience this too?