guix-devel

Re: Guix pronunciation

From: Laura Lazzati
Subject: Re: Guix pronunciation
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 18:26:53 -0300

Hi!

> Also where I live, in South America, in the Aburrá Valley, The term
> "geek" is used in its English form by some people to describe themselves
> as people who are very interested in technology and its specifics.
Another South American :)
As regards the name, I have always pronounced it like geeks without
even realizing the same pronunciation until  I read it.
I think it is a nice name, and I agree that people here use the word
not in a negative form, a geek is a person that is a huge fan of
technology, I don't feel it is bad, it is not offensive for me at all,
or unprofessional, but if I had not read that, I would have never
associated it.  Maybe you should remove the footnote :)

Regards :)