guix-devel

Re: Guix pronunciation

From: Laura Lazzati
Subject: Re: Guix pronunciation
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 12:08:38 -0300

Bonjour Ludo! :)

> Should we write this more prominently somewhere?  Probably!  :-)
Thank you for the explanation, I guess I read the first link before
from somewhere, but what I was asking was if since people are
discussing if the name is appropriate, maybe the Guile + Nix could be
added, like "it is pronounced like geeks, but it comes from..."
Maybe, in those cultures where a geek is seen badly or may be seen not
professional, or could make people not become a contributor - here I
come promoting ;) - or whatever, know how to pronounce it but where it
comes from too. IMHO I also agree it is a good Idea adding the
similarities and differences.

Regards :)
Laura