guix-devel

Re: Maintaining GNU Jami package for Guix

From: Jan Wielkiewicz
Subject: Re: Maintaining GNU Jami package for Guix
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 19:13:27 +0100

Hi everyone,

I've been investigating why pjproject doesn't build and here's what I
found:

In the third_party folder in the pjproject source tree, there's a README
file containing dependencies needed by the version used by Jami (2.9):

>= Versions =
>
>speex:         SVN -r12832
>gsm:           gsm-1.0.12
>ilbc:          from RFC
>resample:      lib-resample, I think version 1.7
>srtp           libsrtp-1.5.4

I know that currently dependencies of pjproject being packaged with
proper versions are:
libsrtp and speex, didn't check gsm and ilbc yet.
What haven't been packaged is libresample - I made a package for it in
my private git repository, also gnutls needed for pjproject-jami has
the wrong version - 3.6.9, whereas the current version used by Jami is
3.6.7 according to this commit
https://review.jami.net/c/ring-daemon/+/12108/1/contrib/src/gnutls/rules.mak
(but I'll ask developers to make sure)

I tried downgrading gnutls (because I think it's the cause of failing
patches), but it fails during compilation. I've attached the log below,
should I file a bug on the guix-bug ML?

That's all for now,

Jan Wielkiewicz