guix-devel

Re: Maintaining GNU Jami package for Guix

From: Jan
Subject: Re: Maintaining GNU Jami package for Guix
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 00:37:19 +0200

On Sat, 19 Oct 2019 22:52:58 +0200
Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:

> We always try to unbundle libraries, because that ensures that all
> packages benefit from security fixes.

Great, so I have to package everything recursively :)
Just to make it clear, because I'm a bit unfamiliar with build systems
and the package API - will packing every library pjproject uses and
just adding it in the "inputs" field make building possible, or will I
have to do magic and copy built packages into "third_party" folder in
the pjproject source tree?

Also what if pjproject (or any package I want to update) depends on a
specific version of a library? Should I just update the package, or
should I add a separate version of the library?

Jan Wielkiewicz