guix-devel

Re: Maintaining GNU Jami package for Guix

From: Jan Wielkiewicz
Subject: Re: Maintaining GNU Jami package for Guix
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 21:44:35 +0200

Dnia 2019-10-25, o godz. 17:03:01
Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):

> Hi Jan,
>
> any luck with Jami?  Let me know if you need more specific help (my
> deeper in the coming days.

I had little time recently, but I've been trying different things in
order to build pjproject.
What I know is the current version of pjproject doesn't compile at all
without Savoir-failre linux patches. I also talked with Jami developers
about the current state of Jami and pjproject:
https://git.ring.cx/savoirfairelinux/ring-project/issues/691

They're still applying patches for pjproject and the version they use
is 2.9, tried updating jami-source and pjproject, but applying the
patches failed. I suspect we're missing some dependencies of pjproject.
I can post error messages, but have to sit down and build everything
again. I'm going to try this weekend.

Jan Wielkiewicz