guix-devel

Re: Maintaining GNU Jami package for Guix

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Maintaining GNU Jami package for Guix
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 08:53:43 +0100

Got your 3 emails! :)

>> Have you tried using pjproject
>> 5dfa75be7d69047387f9b0436dd9492bbbf03fe4 ?
>> Does the patching still fail?
> I've tried this today and it still fails. Don't know if the fails with
> the exact commit are much different from 2.9 fetched from the tarball.
> If they're not different, then you can see what happens in one of my
> comments here
> https://git.ring.cx/savoirfairelinux/ring-project/issues/691

Then this is not related to the Guix packages or the inputs, it's
related to the source you are fetching.

What if you `diff -r` the offending package in the third party folder
with the aforementioned commit?

The Jami developer should know more about this.  I'm starting to be a
little scared of how out of hands dep management goes :p

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/