gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Re: Gzz, Benutzername usw...

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Re: Gzz, Benutzername usw...
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 00:49:14 +0200

Kanonenschwein wrote:

(Translation: "Could it be that make test runs gl tests, too? It seems to do that on my system and then it complains. Without those tests all the rest is running completely normally, at least here :8)")

Hi Marc,

could you copy&paste the relevant lines (where it complains)? I tried to misfix this issue this morning, but I may not have been successful... I assume you have the newest CVS version?

ok, here is the output.

Ok, found it :-) That wasn't a gl-related bug, actually. Fixed in CVS.

The guilty party is Tuomas in his big commit: he imported GraphicsAPI in the "if __name__ == '__main__'" part of testutil.py. Since that runs in global namespace, but only if the script is run from the command line rather than imported as a module, this *worked* when running tests individually, but *broke* when running the whole test suite through test.py.

Lessons:
- NEVER import ANYTHING inside "if __name__ == '__main__'".
- Everybody, please try to 'make' before each commit. I know it's annoying, but it helps to see whether you broke anything, rather than have the people after you notice...

- Benja