gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] storm-uri-application.txt

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: [Gzz] storm-uri-application.txt
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:09:39 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
>>> So you are intending to throw away my data?
> I do not know about the pp project, but since nobody mentioned it, I
> guess there isn't any data there that needs to be preserved?

If we are intented to change the format - we should do it now since pp
would go in test use at next week. I can tell to testers that it's
possible that every data is lost at the beginning because of the
format change. I don't see pp as a big issue.

> I'm willing to provide ideas about a non-backward-compat, Storm-like
> system if there is interest. But I do want this to go through the PEG
> process, and I do want there to be a zzstructure-level converter tool.
> And I do want the honesty of acknowledging that this is a *new* system,
> throwing the development system away because of what we've learned in
> the process. *And* I want a clear statement about the persistency

I definitely agree. To me this issue sounds like you have made a lot of
work and thinking with it and now you see better what is the best you can
make.

   -Matti