gzz-dev

[Gzz] Re: How to show link types

From: Matti Katila
Subject: [Gzz] Re: How to show link types
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:29:46 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
>> Ok, but how do we handle link types, which are affected by the direction?
> What exactly is the problem? I mean if we have link types (which we
> don't have yet) and direction (which we already have), what else is there?

And with direction you mean what?

We have no abstract direction between links.

A --linked to-- B

..and now we know B is --linked to-- A but what's the abstract direction
between them? Yes, there are no abstract direction always needed but..

Let's say:

Adam is linked to Benja.
Adam is father of Benja and of course
Benja is Adam's son.

What we see in xupdf is that
Adam is linked to Benja.

If we write to the link: "father of" we still don't know the abstract
direction. So we don't know if
Adam is father of Benja or Benja is father of Adam.

So linking doesn't tell the abstract meaning between links.

   -Matti