h5md-user

Re: [h5md-user] H5MD developer's guide

From: Olaf Lenz
Subject: Re: [h5md-user] H5MD developer's guide
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 08:37:29 +0200

Hi!

On 09/26/2013 11:09 PM, Peter Colberg wrote:
> This only seems to work with an account in the h5md group. Does
> anyone have a pointer on how to allow public push access to the
> wiki? Otherwise github wikis are partially useless (unless one
> prefers editing using the poor replica of emacs/vim that is the web
> browser…).

Public push access to github is not possible. The only possible
workaround would probably be to include an ssh private key into the
repository that can be used to push. However, you cannot set up
pre-commit hooks on github, so that doesn't sound like a good idea.

However, I think that this is a very minor issue as one can easily use
pull requests. So, for users that want to use poor man's emacs (web
broweser), you can open it up, for others, you go via pull requests.

Olaf

--
Dr. rer. nat. Olaf Lenz
Institut für Computerphysik, Allmandring 3, D-70569 Stuttgart