Re: [Health-dev] Is the current version of Tryton far too complicated fo

From: Carl-Johan Francke
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Is the current version of Tryton far too complicated for GNU Health?
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 00:10:39 +0200

Hi Luis, Andrew, Axel
Am 07.09.2014 um 20:41 schrieb Luis Falcon:
Hi Andrew, Axel, Carl
On Thu, 4 Sep 2014 18:16:02 +0100 (BST)
"address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Axel

The first step I would take to improve the Tryton ordering module
is to be able to attach "default" suppliers to products:

Product: Amoxicillin
500mg capsules

UOM: capsule

default_supplier_1
default_supplier_2

default_supplier_3

As Carl mentioned, if we install the trytond_purchase module, we will
have extra attributes and functionality related to the product.
Type of product (as "purchasable"), different suppliers and their
product names, etc..

I have installed the purchase module in the community server, so you can
explore it.

To get the supplier information, you need to click on the Purchasable
field, and the Supplier tab will show up.

It's been a while I've been thinking on including the purchase module
in the list of "base" modules for GNU Health, and today more and
more institutions are using the Hospital Information System part of it.

I think that it would be a good idea to include the purchase module
(and its dependencies) in the next GNU Health 2.8 series. Of course,
the installer just download the modules, and it's up to the institution
to activate them.

What do you think ?

Best,
Thank you very much Luis for installing trytond_purchase on the community database. Much appreciated for testing use cases.

I think that is a good idea to add tryton_purchase to gnuhealth. It covers 99% of our needs.

Going through our use cases, however I realized that we have some few issues.
I have entered an example in the community database and described it below.

What I describe below are as far as I'm concerned tryton issues and I suggest communicating the the tryton community to see if they want to act. If they are not interested, I suggest starting a health_purchase module which fixes these and any future issues we might run into.
I’m happy to contribute.

In case I have missed a way to solve the use case below, I'd be grateful for suggestions.

What do you think about adding the Stock Supply module as well, so that we can have order points?

Best regards,
Carl-Johan Francke

USE CASE: 1 supplier with two packages for same product & 2 suppliers with different uom

Product name = "Feligen CRP ad us. vet." (a vaccine shot)
Product code = "IVI-1561"

Supplier name = "Virbac AG"

Virbac supplies two different packages with each a supplier product name and a supplier product code, namely packages à 10pcs and packages à 50pcs. The purchase uom of the supplier is 1 unit (1 unit of shot, not 1 unit of package).

Supplier product name = "Feligen CRP 10er package"
Supplier product code = "913-300392"
Product supplier sequence = 1
10 pcs (i.e. 1 pack) cost 6.60/pcs
50 pcs (i.e. 2 packs) cost 4.80/pcs

Supplier product name = "Feligen CRP 50er package"
Supplier product code = "913-300394"
Product supplier sequence = 2
50 pcs (i.e. 1 pack) cost 4.40/pcs
200 pcs (i.e. 4 packs) cost 3.80/pcs

When entering a purchase order
Supplier = "Virbac AG"
Supplier Reference = "Usecase"
and adding a purchase line for
product name = "[IVI-1561] Feligen CRP ad us. vet."

- current behavior: the pricing of the product supplier line with the lowest sequence is used. - wanted behavior: pop up a window asking for which product supplier line to be used (if there is more than 1 product supplier line for this supplier)

Further,
- Current behavior: purchase line description = "[IVI-1561] Feligen CRP ad us. vet.", i.e. our internal name - Wanted behavior: purchase line description = "[913-300392] Feligen CRP 10er package", i.e. the name that the supplier uses

Finally,
I have a second supplier for the same product, also with 10er packs and 50er packs.
However this supplier uses the packages as unit.
The 10er pack has purchase uom = 10 units
The 50er pack has purchase uom = 50 units
Because tryton uses the same purchase uom for all supplier lines of a product we cannot enter that into the database. Purchase uom should be specific for a product supplier line not specific for a product.

This would save the user from the onerous task of looking
up suppliers every time a new purchase order is created.

Each product should
also have a field called "Order in outer pack/multiples of"

Amoxicillin 500mg
capsules (outer pack size = 21 capsule)

Do you agree that these might be a
good ideas to start off with?