Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health child immunisation schedule functionality?

From: Adrian Hodson
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health child immunisation schedule functionality?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 00:51:09 +0800

Hi Andrew
Clinical importance is not really relevant when designing. The question
is, can a generic module serve all use cases adequately?

If what you are seeking to "put immunization up in lights" within GNU
Health then I would advise agfainst that. After the Wakefield paper,
vaccination rates dropped 50%. Recently, in one African country, the
mainstream press blamed the Ebola outbreak on WHO vaccinations.

GNU Health is currently a pure form of beneficence. When the next
"scare" comes along will patients become scared of GNU Health and its
pushy immunization schedule? I am simply pointing out that this is the only
area of GNU health
that could rapidly become controversial. Therefore, why put it up in
lights?