[Health-dev] DevOps

From: Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto
Subject: [Health-dev] DevOps
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 10:55:29 -0500

Dear Coders

I would like to propose a discussion about Health deployment. I mean, work on the Vagrant and install script

Each time that I need to upgrade versions or deploy with extra modules I need to do too much losing my custom code, for example, I was working on 2.8 version, and build extra modules, in order to deploy on testing server, I had had to install the server, but with extra customization cause on new requirements and custom modules, after an upgrade, I have lost my custom changes and modules, I must do a copy paste and update vagrant file.

I guess it could be fixed if we redesign vagrant and install script / credential in order on no user requirement, having infrastructure as code. This way on working could help on deploying and having stages for development, testing and pre production

Looking for hear from you

best regards

--
Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto
    Senior Software Analyst Developer

No availability between 08:30 and 18:00, I will answer as soon as posible

Join the campaign at http://thinkBeforePrinting.org