Re: [Health-dev] DevOps

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] DevOps
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 18:05:52 +0100

Hi Carlos !
On Tue, 5 Apr 2016 10:55:29 -0500
Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Coders
>
> I would like to propose a discussion about Health deployment. I mean,
> work on the Vagrant and install script
>
> Each time that I need to upgrade versions or deploy with extra
> modules I need to do too much losing my custom code, for example, I
> was working on 2.8 version, and build extra modules, in order to
> deploy on testing server, I had had to install the server, but with
> extra customization cause on new requirements and custom modules,
> after an upgrade, I have lost my custom changes and modules, I must
> do a copy paste and update vagrant file.

When using the standard GNU Health installation, the command
"gnuhealth-control update" will update Tryton and GNU Health, and
relink your custom modules (under the "local" directory).

This applies for current deployment updates. WHen you want to upgrade
the GNU Health from one version to the other, then it's done manually.
This makes sense, since it involves change on API.

Bests,
Luis