Re: several questions on running cfengine

From: Martin A. Brooks
Subject: Re: several questions on running cfengine
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 06:12:19 +0000

At 17:39 07/03/2003 -0800, you wrote:
Saving public key /var/cfengine/ppkeys/root-192.168.240.254.pub
cfengine:b80n11: Server returned error:  Host authentication failed. Did
you forget the domain name?

Hi Eva

I see this problem with our installation every now and then. Our internal domain is "lon4.fastsearch.net" and we use a replicated hosts file for internal DNS. Whenever we see this problem, we do two things which always seems to fix it.

1)  We make sure than the FQDN is listed in the master hosts file  i.e.

1.2.3.4 machine.lon4.fastsearch.net     machine

2) We manually copy the master hosts file onto the affected machine.

Hope this helps.

Martin A. Brooks
I/O, I/O, it's off to disk we go,
A bit or byte, to read or write,