Re: disable problem+question

From: Darren Dunham
Subject: Re: disable problem+question
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:05:40 -0800 (PST)

> Since disable actions move the file to *.cfsaved it does not work well for
> init/rc scripts (where the renamed file is still processed). Instead I have
> been removing the execute permssions like so:
>
> files:
>   /etc/rc2.d/S85power mode=a-x action=fixplain

I'm surprised that does anything at all.  On Solaris, the startup
scripts aren't "run", they're passed as explicit arguments to /bin/sh,
so execute permission isn't required, only read permission.

/bin/sh /etc/rc2.d/S85power start

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham@taos.com
Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company