Strategy for "one-off" tasks

From: Ferguson, Steve
Subject: Strategy for "one-off" tasks
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:07:51 -0400

I'm interested in hearing how people are applying cfengine to perform "one
off" system management tasks.  It's fairly obvious how one would insert a
new configuration task in on a recurring basis.  But how would you approach
a task that you only want to execute one time?  I've got a few different
ideas in mind, but I'd like to hear what other folks have been doing in
practice before I commit to any one process.

Steve

Steve Ferguson
gedas USA, Inc.
Operational Services & Infrastructure