Re: Strategy for "one-off" tasks

From: Spam Collector
Subject: Re: Strategy for "one-off" tasks
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:03:32 GMT

But to run another one-time-only later then you need another
filename, and you can't ever remove them or it will run
again.  The other idea of year.month.day.hr seems cleaner,
but then there is no assurance that the command will run at
all (if there is a network problem, for example, during that
hourly run).  I get a couple of failed connection errors a day
from remote hosts).
   I'm not sure there is an elegant solution for this problem.

Frank