Re: Strategy for "one-off" tasks

From: Allen Bettilyon
Subject: Re: Strategy for "one-off" tasks
Date: 11 Jul 2003 16:49:17 -0600

For this example, I would write a static-routes config file that listed
all the needed routes, and than write a second script than maintained
the routes.  In fact, I am doing exactly that (using red-hats
/etc/sysconfig/static-routes ) method.

For example, I've got an inputs/global.static-routes file that looks
kinda like this:

(Bear in mind, this IS redhat specific... but you should get the idea).

control:

  hw_class1::             admin_dev = ( eth1 )
  hw_class2::             admin_dev = ( eth0 )
  hw_class3::             admin_dev = ( eth2 )

  any::
     route_file = ( /etc/sysconfig/static-routes )

     actionsequence = (
        editfiles.static_routes
        shellcommands.static_routes
     )

editfiles:
   static_routes::

      { $(route_file)
           AppendIfNoSuchLine "$(admin_dev) net 10.10.0.0 netmask
255.255.0.0 gw 1.1.1.1"
           AppendIfNoSuchLine "$(admin_dev) net 10.11.0.0 netmask
255.255.0.0 gw 1.1.1.2"

           DefineClasses "newRoutes"
           AutoCreate
      }

shellcommands:
   static_routes.newRoutes::
      "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-routes $(admin_dev)"