RE: Strategy for "one-off" tasks

From: Nielsen, Steve
Subject: RE: Strategy for "one-off" tasks
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:02:13 -0400

Steve

I don't use cfengine for one off tasks. Although I would be interested in
hearing ideas on how others do it. Instead, to handle one offs, I wrote a
wrapper around ssh (called sshauto) to loop over a set of machines and
execute a command on each machine. I specify regexes for machines names and
it queries DNS or hosts file. Its fairly clunky way of doing it but it
works.

Steve