RE: Querying clients

From: francois . vanderpoorte
Subject: RE: Querying clients
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:38:43 +0100

Hello,

        I did implemented such a thing here in my company.

        there's a set of rules, which are basically shellcommands. Each of them run at a specific time
        on specific cfengine classes and send it's output to a central host with mqseries
        (first implementation where done with scp but ssh-keys management was a problem)

        I decided to do this because when i started to implement cfengine, the systems configurations were
        completly differents, not documented and we were afraid to break our production.

        Benefit of this : now we have an almost-realtime (every 15mins) systems configuration document.