Re: flyspell: local abbrev in different languages

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: flyspell: local abbrev in different languages
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:24:57 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 26. September 2007 20:24 schrieb Uwe Brauer:
>    >
>    > Am Mittwoch, 26. September 2007 10:31 schrieb Uwe Brauer:
>    >> Hello
>
> [snip]
>
>    > I created an English-mode for this occasion - my common
>    > text-mode is used for abbrevs in German. With
>    > `englisch-mode' abbrevs are locally stored with this
>    > mode without further precautions. Flyspell works too.
>    >
>    > You could do the respective thing for Spanish.
>
> Well a mayor mode, I guess that is. The problem with this approach is
> that my favorite modes are message  and LaTeX two mayor modes. So the
> logical step would be to use a minor mode, as far as I know it is not
> possible to have a abbrev table for that sort of mode.

Don't think so.

With both functions below I'm able to expand `tx' to
`texto' as shown (extrait from .abbrev_defs). Inserted
this by hand first, maybe "(copy-abbrev-table
text-mode-abbrev-table)" in my function didn't had the
effect.

HTH

Andreas Röhler

;;; (define-abbrev-table 'spanish-minor-mode-abbrev-table '(
;;;     ("tx" "texto" nil 0)
;;;     ))

(define-minor-mode spanish-minor-mode
  "Switch Spanish minor mode on."
  nil nil nil
  (set (make-local-variable 'spanish-minor-mode) t)
  (unless (memq 'spanish-minor-mode-abbrev-table abbrev-table-name-list)
    (setq spanish-minor-mode-abbrev-table
          (copy-abbrev-table text-mode-abbrev-table))
    (add-to-list 'abbrev-table-name-list 'spanish-minor-mode-abbrev-table))
  (setq local-abbrev-table spanish-minor-mode-abbrev-table))

(defun disable-spanish-minor-mode ()
  " "
  (interactive)
  (setq spanish-minor-mode nil)
  (setq local-abbrev-table text-mode-abbrev-table))