Re: code completion

From: Richard G Riley
Subject: Re: code completion
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:56:11 +0100

Alain Muls <alain.muls@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I checked and tried several possibilities to have code completion in
> c++ but none is working as I would like. I tried etags, global,
> xrefactory. Which one can give me the possible (correct) completions
> of a method in c++, eg.
>
> 3Dpoint.get
>
> if I press <tab> (preferably), I would like it to suggest
>
> getCartesian()
> getGeodetic()
>
> Tx/Alain
>
> PS: it would be something similar to the completion you have in
> SlickEdit or kdevelop

It's a commonly asked question and frequently goes without an answer. I
tried semantic but couldn't really get it to work. You might ask on
their mailing list as I think thats the only route. I have a nasty
feeling that using emacs as a C/C++ IDE might be coming to the end of
the road as it falls behind in many of the features (code completion,
refactoring for an example) that more modern IDEs like Eclipse
provides. The maintainer of ecb as good as said the same. A shame.